door locked closed Renault Megane 1999

Hi . I have the above car and I cannot get the O/R door open.I have just bought the car so I don't know how it happened. I have got the interior panel off the door. The outside door handle was disconnected when I got the panel off. I can pull the lever hanging down but it doesn't do anything, not sure how it connects back to the handle. It has central locking Not sure what to do next. Perhaps the child lock is on, but can I get to this from the inside?

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Bywater

You can't. Its usually built straight into the lock. The only thing you can do is find where the rod from the door handle attaches onto the locking mechanism and try to use that to open it.

Reply to
Conor

Hi Managed to secure the outside handle to the inner latch, but it moves but does not open the door, so that must be broken but maybe childlock on. What next?

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Bywater