door locking problem

Hi,

Hope this is the right ng, if not please direct me.

My car has a slight problem, in that the door open light on the dashboard stays lit, even though all doors are securely shut. This in turn causes the button on the alarm remote not to function, since it of course thinks a door is still open. I have to lock the drivers door manually, which locks all the other doors via central locking.

Im thinking there must be a fuse/switch that controls this door open light, is there a way to disable this, so that it always thinks the doors are shut?.

Oh the car is a Toyota Corolla 93 model.

Thanks for any help!.

Reply to
billybronco

The message from "billybronco" contains these words:

Sounds like the door-switch is dicky. They're usually in the door pillar near the hinges, but some hide on the latch side. Look for a rubber bump or an oval with a thing sticking out of it.

Reply to
Guy King