Draining Rover 114 (Metro) Fuel Tank ?

My old N reg metro going to the scrapyard & I'd like to recover the 20 quids worth of petrol before it goes. I've tried a tube in the tank without success, it goes in OK but won't go below the fuel level, so sucks air. Disconnecting the fuel filter & attaching a tube to it so as to use the electric fuel pump was equally unsuccessful, the pump would not operate with tube attached.

Any ideas as to the best & safest way?

Chris

Reply to
Caliban

Don't bother. It'll be full of whatever s**te is lapping around the bottom of the old tank and you'll merely transfer that to the new.

Reply to
Conor