Drivers seat just broke

There I was, driving along in my little Pug 205D when the seat frame snapped. I had just finished battering the hell out of my wifes ZX to fit a new alternator belt and was feeling quite mellow when this happened. Anyway, found a local scrappie who will give me the two front seats out of the posh

205, can't remember what it's called (XS?) but the seats look like the ones in the GTi. Upshot is I can get both seats for £12. Sounds good to me !!!!! Every cloud has a silver lining eh?
Reply to
Stuart Gray

Keep off the pies.

:-)

Reply to
Conor

I just knew that was coming to me !!!! FYI - I am 11 stone, that's not too much for a little Pug, is it ????? LOL. Looking forward to the comfy seat though, the one issued with the "D" is one stake above a deckchair.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

One steak shirley?

-- MAlc

Reply to
Malc

It was a burger, and stop calling me shirley.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Had to report. After fitting the new seats, I'm enjoying the car a lot more. No more sliding about the seat while going round fast tight corners, a lot of the internal squeaks and rattles have gone. In short its even more fun to drive. Wonder how long the new seat will last tho ;) . Still can't get over the fact I got the pair for £12 though. They don't match the rest of the interior, but at the moment I don't care, because I have the fun factor back. I'd forgotten how stable the car was.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

The message from "Stuart Gray" contains these words:

When I swapped my dearly loved Allegro estate for an Astra estate the only thing I thought was improved [1] was the seats which had wings at the side to stop you skidding into the passenger's lap.

[1] Apart from the mpg - which was hardly fair, the Astra being a diesel.
Reply to
Guy King

Swap the covers from the old seats onto the new ones. Can be a bit of a bitch but should only take 1 hour a seat.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

New seats are a completely different shape, with sticky up side bits etc. The old ones were flat. No chance of the covers fitting. Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray