Ducato 2.0 jtd oil change

This is the second time that I have changed the oil & filter on my motorhome. The handbook says that it holds 5.25 litres including the oil filter. I have just refilled and can only just get 4 litres in up to the top of the dipstick. I appreciate that a dry engine capacity is not the same as an oil change as there will always be a residue of oil still in the engine but over a litre seems excessive. The colour of the oil when re-filled is dirtier than I would have expected. Any thoughts.

SH

Reply to
Springtime

Your missing litre is likely trapped in the oil cooler- also explains the dirtier than expected fresh oil

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..