E34 BMW 5 series Air vents

I have messed up I had my air con re gassed and I pushed a thermometer into the air vents dislodging the bar that holds all the fins in the air vent together so they all move in the same direction at the same time if the central adjuster fin is moved

How do I remove the air vents so I can repair it . These are the ones above the car radio/audio system

please can someone help

PS the air con works great I had a new condenser fitted and a regass

+2C or +3C that's cold!!
Reply to
Bhup

No need to reply I have sorted it out I made some tools out of a coat hanger wire and lifted the bar that holds the fins back into place and sorted it out .

What I did was as follows First I closed the air vent no air flow position this blocks the vent and prevents any bits dropping inside! Secondly I secured the bar which was just hanging by one of the fins with a looped wire made from a large paper clip, I had to do this so the bar did not fall. Thirdly I pointed all the fins to the left and gently pulled the bar into position with a L shaped 'puller' made out of a 9 inch coat hanger wire.

the tools I made were a loop made using assorted electrical pliers long nose etc

Reply to
Bhup