Ebay tyres ?

I saw these tyres on ebay 170378384611 item number.

Feedback looks good, adverts are all the same. Although being a snotty tart would I trust someone who spells kost with a K with a safety item though.

Reply to
Peter smith

Peter smith gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Congratulations.

Did you have any particular need for part-worn winter tyres?

Reply to
Adrian

Yes.

Reply to
Peter smith

Not in this ccountry.

Reply to
Conor

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Mmm. After buying a set of 'em last year, I'd beg to differ. They made a BIG difference on slippy-slidey-tippy-toe back lanes on cold mornings.

But 5mm part-worns are closing on bin-fodder. They're certainly nearer there than they are new.

Reply to
Adrian

You want to try some on the Capri next time it's below about 3C, they're actually quite worthwhile.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

michelin say that the stopping distance in the wet starts to rise dramatically once the tread gets below 7mm

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Hmm, I am planning to buy sets for both cars this year after being unable to even move the MX-5 for a total of about 2 weeks last winter.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've used winter tyres in the past, when I lived on an unmade road with a steep slope at the end.

But that was in the days when we used to have real winters in England. I'm assuming last year's was just a freak. I got to work every day in a

40-year-old Mini.
Reply to
asahartz

What about if you are the sort of person that gets through two sets of tyres a year... Worthwhile then?

Reply to
Kipling

I live in North-East Scotland. Last winter wasn't a particularly bad one in that it didn't get very cold and there wasn't as much sustained snow as there is sometimes.

I often went to work in the MX-5 and it snowed while I was there. There were a few occasions I wasn't sure I was going to make it home. It's difficult to describe how bad an MX-5 with LSD on fairly sporty 205/45

16 Summer tyres is on any kind of snow, but there are times when it simply won't move.

In the end I borrowed a Discovery off a mate for a while and then bought a French shopping trolley 106 that I don't have such an emotional attachment to. It's very good and the only real issue is ground clearance.

Reply to
Douglas Payne