Electric Windows Stuffed

I have two electric windows on the front of my Suzuki X90, which appear to be stuffed. Suzuki want absolutley ridiculous amounts of money. So where exactly will fix it? I really am not competent, when it was services the guy there had a go. and got it going up great, and down okay-ish, but now its just back to the same. I can't really complain as he did it as a favour.

Basically, the passenger one is fine going down but slow at going up, and the drivers one doesnt go down unless the button is pushed and the window is pushed down, and then pulled back up while pressing hte button.

Who can fix this for me at reasonable cost? Mechanic? Auto Electrican?

I'm in the Bolton Area, Greater Manchester if thats any help.

Cheers

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

It sounds as if they are basically working but need lubricating. Any proper mechanic could take the door casings out a bit and squirt oil and silicon fluid on the sliders, bearings, teeth and rubbers. Even you could do it yourself. It might help but it might not but is worth a try. Otherwise pay up or live with closed windows.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Seconded.

Reply to
Conor

Sounds about right or another popular problem can be the fixing screws /bolts working loose once the track becomes disoriented it can slow and jam the mechanism or occasionally cause the window to fall inside the door. I am not familair with the suzuki setup but on the offchance check the rear edge of the door casing for loose fixings otherwise it means the door cards will have to come off for access Derek Derek

Reply to
Derek

Exactly!!. Any professional will run a mile from a job like that, because you've no way of knowing if it's fixed or not. If you charge someone for that and it's stuck a week or two later, where do you go then. The dealer will probably change the complete mechanism and runners, so they know it'll be right, but you pay accordingly.

JOhn

Reply to
John

Yep. This is a problem in a society where the consumer always knows best. If the first attempt doesn't work then back comes the idiot, sorry 'customer' a few weeks later wanting the thing fixed properly for free this time. Best to choose your customers well or fleece them from the outset. At least if you charge them extortionately to start with, there is some meat in the deal to play with when they come back wanting the freebee. And I am not even in the motor trade so I should not be as cynical of their customers. The fact is that the motor trade is dealing with a cross section of society so, in my experience some 10% are customers you would wish would go to the dealer down the road while 10% of that 10% [1% of the total] you would wish to educate with a good strong baseball bat.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

in my experience some 10% are customers you would wish would

LOL you sure your not in the motor trade Huw.

Reply to
reg

Quite sure, although I run a small mixed fleet of vehicles. I have dealt [do deal] with the public in the course of my business and do know what honest and efficient garages are up against. I also know that there are many absolutely hopeless garages out there, many being main dealers, so I am not biased in any way.

Huw

Reply to
Huw