Engine misfire when cold....

Misses badly but then once engine is warm its fine....

Seems to be one cylinder thats misfiring with no spark at the lead. (When it had warmed up I removed the lead from plug and saw good spark).

Once engine has warmed up its fine...

Already changed spark plugs (why not its cheap). What next? Plug leads? Distributor cap?

Reply to
paulfoel

Kia Sedona diesel does not have spark plugs.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

But my wifes matiz does... ;-)

Reply to
paulfoel

Give us the model type!

Reply to
Rob
0.8 Daewoo Matiz 2000.

Not sure if this is related to my misfire problem but I had to stop this am because there was steam billowing from under the bonnet.

Even though the coolant cap was on there was coolant all over the engine (which is where the steam came from). Called RAC just in case but they couldnt do anything.

Any ideas with this? Well weird that the coolant is under such pressure it does this...

I'm wondering if its because engine is under too much pressure running on 2 cylinders or something? Or could it be something else?

Reply to
paulfoel

because there was steam billowing from under the bonnet.

(which is where the steam came from). Called RAC just in case but they couldnt do anything.

cylinders or something? Or could it be something else?

Head gasket?

A leak from the combustion chamber to the water jacket gives exactly those symptoms. Your local garage will have a tester that will confirm it. With any luck, it's not a cracked head, and the head won't have been distorted or eroded by the hot gases.

Reply to
John Williamson

Sounds pretty likely.

From Honest John:

"Head gaskets of both engines (0.8 and 1.0 litre) prone to failure due to overheating. This occurs because the plastic heater inlet manifolds eventually warp, losing coolant and leading to the overheating. Replacing the inlet manifold can cost more than the car is worth."

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Bugger. Hope not.

Car only cost me =A3850. Anyway, got mobile mechanic (mate of mine) coming = to look on Saturday.

Reply to
paulfoel

Sounds like it to me. Had a Mini years ago with a cracked head, same symptoms.

Reply to
Chris Bartram