engine missing

-- My daughters 106 has started to miss and the engine mamagement light has started to flash , changed the plugs that asnt cured the problem , what else is it likely to be , could it be a faulty coil pack , if so how do i test it

steve

Reply to
steve robinson

God, from the subject, I really thought your engine was missing and wondered if you was going to say someone had nicked it. Glad its not that serious.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

AOL.

I was going to say "I've got a 106 outside that I'm scrapping tomorrow, would you like to buy an engine?", but I fear he merely has a misfire.

Reply to
Pete M

Cue joke about VW beetle;

punchline ". . .don't worry I've got a spare in the boot"

Reply to
OG

So you may be able to sell him your coil packs.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Already soughted , £115.00 to have the coilpack replaced and the engine management system read and reset including labour costs ( min charge an hour)

Wasnt worth the hassle of doing it myself in the end as the cost of the parts and an engine management reset would have been £140.00

Reply to
steve robinson

If that's no good you can use the one in my Imp.

Reply to
Mark W

I was about to suggest looking in the boot ;)

Reply to
Elder

Reminded me of these old chestnuts form aircraft maintenance logbooks...

============== Problem: "Left inside main tire almost needs replacement." Solution: "Almost replaced left inside main tire."

Problem: "Test flight OK, except autoland very rough." Solution: "Autoland not installed on this aircraft."

Problem: "#2 Propeller seeping prop fluid." Solution 1: "#2 Propeller seepage normal." Solution 2: "#1,#3, and #4 propellers lack normal seepage."

Problem: "The autopilot doesn't." Solution: "IT DOES NOW."

Problem: "Something loose in cockpit." Solution: "Something tightened in cockpit."

Problem: "Evidence of hydraulic leak on right main landing gear." Solution: "Evidence removed."

Problem: "Number three engine missing." Solution: "Engine found on right wing after brief search."

Problem: "DME volume unbelievably loud." Solution: "Volume set to more believable level."

Problem: Dead bugs on windshield. Solution: Live bugs on order.

Problem: Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces a 200 fpm descent. Solution: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

Problem: IFF inoperative. Solution: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

Problem: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick. Solution: That's what they're there for. ===============

Reply to
PCPaul

And this one really happened during flight.

Problem: Left Fuel Tank Indicator Shows Empty. Solution: That's probably a display error - ignore.

Reply to
johannes