Engine Oil - How Much are we paying nowadays?

Until recently i have had a free supply of engine oil for my cars, from a friend.

He has now changed jobs and his new employer don't have a personal usage allowance.

:-(

However a mates dad has a garage and has invited me around to fill up my 25L drum thing from his tank inviting me to pay what i think is right.

Now i know it aint supermarket Castrol GTX magnatex stuff but it meets all the specs i require namely

ACEA A3/B3 SAE 0W-30

-or- ACEA A3/B3 SAE 5W-40

-or- ACEA A3/B3 SAE 10W-40

He buys it from an oil dealer who turn up with a tanker and fill up his what i estimate to be 1000-2000Ltr tank.

What do you guys think would be a fair amount to give him in return for

25Ltrs, i know he would be happy to take £10 but id rather give him a fair price then i can a) get more in future and b) because he is always fair and helps me out.

North Manchester.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

For cheapo Comma crap you're paying £8-£12 for 5 litres now. £20?

Reply to
Conor

Last time I bought a 25l drum of oil with those specs (A3/B3 10W40) it was around £25 inc VAT from the motor factors.

Reply to
Doki

I get oil in the 205L (45 gallon) drum size. The last lot was a synthetic blend type and cost circa £1.70/Litre if that's any help.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian