Engine overheating Audi

Hi,

Engine is overheating coolant level is normal, if I turn on the heat in the car all I get is cold air ???. Noticed that if I open the coolant/expansion tank and leave loose and run the engine. indicator for engine tempature stays normal and I have heat if I turn back on the heating.

Anyone anyideas.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
dec

sounds like you have airlocks forming, usual cause is a blown head gasket. Most garages can check gas above coolant for traces of combustion.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Sounds like the impeller has fallen of the water pump (common VAG fault).

Reply to
moray