Enter Keycode into Ford Radio ?

I would appreciate some help in how to enter Code into Ford Keycode radio. Had this little Courier van for a while and radio was actually not bad (given comfort level of van)! Unfortunately , alternator went (after Diesel had been dripping in from pump above ) and had to be replaced. I dug out the little card with radio code but number is 453 ? and radio only has four numbered memory buttons , I assume either the "band" or "NR" button is number 5 ,but could use someone quoting the manual or personal experience.

Regards John Mooney

Reply to
john.mooney

If I remember correctly the four preset buttons are what you need. Press the first one repeatedly until it shows the number you require (5 in your case). Press second button until display shows second number of code and ditto for third one. Fourth preet button enters code.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Whoops, the 1st digit is actually 4 (I said 5), my mistake. :)

Reply to
Dave

Dave thanks for the very prompt reply , I've tried what you suggested but unfortunately it isn't working (display shows three dashes but will not change when pressing presets).

Thanks again and if you come up with anything else , I'm all for giving it a go!

regards John Mooney

Reply to
john.mooney

How strange. I distinctly remember using the four numbered memory buttons, button one for the first digit of the code, button two for the second, three for third and fourth button entered the code. Are you sure that someone hasn't been trying to enter the code incorrectly and locked it up?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That is a possibility Dave , if it's locked up can I do anything ?

Reply to
john.mooney

Time to start looking through the yellow pages for your local radio decoder, cost about £20. However, I'm sure that the Ford unit's allow something like three attempts and then freeze the radio for a certain length of time before allowing more attemps at it. Unfortunately, I can't remember how long that is now :/ Just keep trying it now and again until it allows you to input the code.

Reply to
Dave

approx 30 mins it will then unlock itself by flashing and then re-enter code,button1=first digit and last one no4=enter code. HTH SIMON

Reply to
sierra

Many Thanks !

Dave and Simon

It's on !

Reply to
john.mooney

Thanks for letting us know it worked, makes us happy too. :)

Dave

Reply to
Dave