Entering radio code

I just changed a battery on a Renault Kangoo, X reg. I have the radio code, and have done it before on this car, but then the radio showed 4 zeros for me to input the code. This time it's just come up with the word code, and makes that annoying beep whatever I press. How do I get the zeros to come up?

TIA Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

GIYF ;-)

(Leave it on for up to two hours to reset.)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Got it sorted now, thanks.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Any idea what the point of that particular feature is?

Reply to
GB

To frustrate people trying to guess the code. I imagine the lockout period increases if you get it wrong again.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The OP did not say he got it wrong even once!

Reply to
GB

I know, but he must have done something wrong, it's how these things work. Having a lockout period in the absence of any miscoding would make no sense at all.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Okay, I'm with you on that. :)

Reply to
GB

It probably was my fault, everything else is [1].

Now the neighbour whose car it is tells me that the airbag light is on. I didn't notice it, but it may have been on when I was doing the radio. Could this also be because I've changed the battery?

And is this all a warning for me that I shouldn't be doing "a small favour" for the neighbours? More trouble than the brownie points are worth.

Steve

[1] Ask SWMBO if you don't believe me.
Reply to
shazzbat