error codes 135 - 141 - 443

vauxhall astra club estate, 2002, 1.6cc ,8 valve,.

getting above error codes.

135 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 1

141 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 2

443 evaporative emission system purge control vale circuit

i also found a blown fuse in a box under the bonnet, to the passenger = side,=20 there are two boxes, one has large amp fuses in it and the box to the = left of this one has two relays and a small fuse, (which was the fuse = that had blown) there is also a base for another relay which seems to be missing. the = relaybase has wires going to it but no relay. should there be one there?

i will be going out this afternoon and will take some pictures of the = boxes (with and without the covers on) so hopefully it will make what i = have written more=20 understandable

Reply to
bongo rule

ok i now have the pictures.at =

the small blue fuse is in the box with the two relays. this is also the = same box with a place for another relay, but i do not know if one is = ment to be there.

also can anyone let me know where the "evaporative emission system purge = control valve circuit" is?

Reply to
bongo rule

ok i now have the pictures.at

the small blue fuse is in the box with the two relays. this is also the same box with a place for another relay, but i do not know if one is ment to be there.

also can anyone let me know where the "evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit" is?

Sorry about not getting back to you with the wiring details for the lambda sensor, but I never wrote down the details and got the year wrong, which meant I only found diagrams for single wire lambda sensors (none of the 8 valve 2000MY had four wire sensors ;-)) I'll make a point of checking the 2002 diagrams on monday.

I'm sure that one of those relays is the fuel pump relay, and the other is most likely some other engine management related relay and likely to be something to do with the fault codes. Easy way to find out, is if you unplug one and the engine stops after a few seconds then it's the fuel pump relay. If you unplug the other one, and the engine stays running, but brings on the EML, it's likely to be the lambda sensor heater supply relay (alos check to see if you loose power at the lambda sensors) If it's the engine and ECU I think it is, then none of the relays power up the ECU (it has two feeds direct from the battery, and a single feed direct from the ignition switch)

The EVAP solenoid is somewhere between the charcoal canister, and inlet manifold, but I'm not sure where on an astra. If you find where the fuel pipes run up the bulkhead from underneath, there should be three pipes. Two of these will go to the fuel rail, the other one (most likely a hard plastic pipe) will either head to the throttle body/inlet manifold area, or to a valve. If there's no valve, then the valve will be on/near to the carbon canister which is located next to the fuel filler neck.

And one other thing, EOBD fault codes should always be quoted in their enitirity (ie P0135, P0141, and P0443).

135, 141 and 443 don't really mean a thing on there own, as they could be interpretted a few different ways.
Reply to
Moray Cuthill