Escort

Hi all, I have a problem with my 1996 Escort 1.6 16v I have got next to nothing in acceleration in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears, the engine just splutters when I give gas! yet if I accelerate very slowly its okay, I have put various additives in the petrol to clean the injection system but they don't help, has anybody got any idea's as to what the trouble is? Eddie..

Reply to
Eddie

My first port of call would be to suspect a timing issue or a dodgy fuel pump.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Fuel filter for being blocked followed by exhaust restriction caused either by a disintegrated cat or the wadding coming out the silencer and blocking it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..