Escort alarm

Hi,

The alarm on my N-reg Escort (1.6 Zetec) went off a few times yesterday evening (the same thing happened a while ago). It wasn't windy or rainy, and there were no kids getting their jollies. Opening and slamming all of the doors, bonnet and boot seemed to get it to shut up.

I read a posting in this forum that says you can test the alarm by pressing the bonnet switch 8 times or so, then activating the various door locks, sensors etc - but is there a way to persuade the alarm to display which activated it in the first place???

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

to one of them,like allready said easiest way is to test it,as you end up opening each door etc in turn and hopefully the fault will be evident.

Si

Reply to
simondo

Try checking all the pin switches for corrosion give them a bit of a clean,maybe one just sticks at a time then releses and sets of the alarm.

Reply to
Tight Guard Security®

Hi again,

The sodding thing did it again tonight. The only door I've used today is the driver's...unless the alarm's been going all day at the station .

I tried the alarm diag trick (it takes 6 presses of the bonnet switch, for the record). All doors/locks beeped when activated (tried them several times).

Also tried rocking the car and banging/pulling doors to see if it would go off. It didn't.

Does anyone know how the door ajar sensors work (before I strip the doors down). The alarm's not activated by the courtesy light switch and I can't seen any other plunger in the door pillar. (But it was dark at the time) Is it magnetic???

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

may work like this- Around the door barrel on the inside is a switch mounted on the lock,when you turn the key it hits a little pin switch which activates the alarm.

Reply to
simondo

the door open alarm switch is inside the door, it's a little microswitch clipped onto the latch assembly, they do fall off occasionally

Reply to
Spark

Thanks. I'll maybe have a look at it this weekend. The problem's not happened the last 2 night though...

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren