Escort heater

Hi, the heater in my escort cabriolet (91) is poorer than a poor thing. There seems to be plenty of water in the res' and the temp guage is in the normal band (though on the low end of it). Turning the temp setting dial feels ok - no stiff or free points, but the air coming from the vents could be described as lukewarm even at max setting. Could it be an air lock or similar? Anything else known as common causes? Not too bothered at the moment but it's heading for the chilly time of year and I'd like to sort it before it's desperately needed. TIA frisket

Reply to
frisket

the heater matrix is probably just blocked up, you can try reverse flushing it, but best bet is clean out all the water system and fit a new element.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hi, Could probably do with a flush out, try disconnecting heater hoses and connecting high pressure hose to one of the heater water connections, give it full pressure for a minute or two and see the brown gunge emerge.......................could work:-)

Reply to
Gaz