Escort Lights?

While driving home tonight I noticed the interior lights went out.After I stopped I realised my rear lights were also not working as well as the rear fogs.Radios gone off as well.Could it possibly be a relay?Fuses seem OK.Headlights still working fine. Thanks in advance for any help. Simmo.

Reply to
Simmo

Hi,

My radio/clock/cigar lighter stopped working recently on my '95 Escort (Mk6, I think). Turned out one of the pins coming out of the fusebox had corroded away.

Stick a voltmeter between earth and the fuse(s) in question. If there's volts at the fuse it could well be the multi-connector or the pins it connects to...

HTH,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

everything is working again so if I cant get the end off and clean it it will have to be a new one. Simmo

Reply to
Simmo

If it's an early 90s one that's 70 quid, it comes complete with the indicator stalk.

It's possible to cut into the harness and replace the switch with something cheaper.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Switch cleaner any good?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

IME the bronzy springs that hold the contacts break, they are flimsy and operated by a cam in the rotating switch.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Yeah - common problem in Escort's. Indicator stalk is shagged - get another off ebay for 20 quid or so. Make sure the one you get has the ability to operate the back wipers though !!! Mine didn't :-(

Graham

Reply to
G-man