escort mk3, 1.1 ohv chain tensioner

Hi, I wonder if anybody knows if you can change the chain tensioner on the escort mk3 , 1.1 ohv by just dropping the sump. According to Haynes, its an engine out job! But if you look at the diagrams the tensioner is fastened to a point below the chain cover accesible by removing the sump. Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Tames

you can change the chain (done it)with the engine in, so you must be able to do the tensioner

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that info. I dont know how Haynes can get that wrong .Seems to imply their repair techniques are not done the simplest way.

Reply to
Stephen Tames

WOW, good to see ones still going!

Reply to