Escort problem

Ok i got a K reg 1992 Escort LXi 16V zetec

When car is idle no noises

When car is moving then its noisy like a tapping and sometimes a dragging.

I have checked and nothing is dragging or touching the wheel.

Any ideas???

Reply to
Michael

Something wrong with the brakes? Where's it coming from??

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Is the tapping regular and does its speed increase with vehicle speed?

Reply to
PM

Increases with the speed and is louder when i brake

Reply to
Michael

I'll say it again then:

Something wrong with the brakes? Where's it coming from??

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Sound like front passenger wheel

Reply to
Michael

Whip the wheels off, I would, and have a look at the brakes.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Need to pick up a jack. Is it safe to drive

Reply to
Michael

I don't know, and I'm not going to tell you yes, am I? :)

I wouldn't go too silly though in case a pin has come out and your pads are about to fall on the road. You could have a quick look if you the turn the wheels one way then t'other - just to see if everything looks ok in the stopping dept..

While it's up in the air have a look at the driveshaft boots and also give the wheels a wobble, top to bottom, to see if there's any play in the wheel bearings.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot