Escort Servo Seal Replacement

Does anyone know where I can get a Servo Seal Replacement Kit for a

1989 Escort?

Thanks Gary

Reply to
garymarsden

servo seals are difficult to get, expensive and hard to fit. Just get a second-hand unit and swap it over.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I am looking for the Seal between the master cylinder and the servo (doesn't look hard to fit). Wouldn't a second hand servo for this car (Mk4 Escort) have to be at least 15 years old and therefore likely to be just as bad as the one I have?

Gary

Reply to
garymarsden

There's not normally a seal between the master cylinder and servo. Some vehicles may have a thin paper gasket.

If air is leaking at that join, it means the servo itself has failed. If fluid is leaking, then it's a master cylinder fault.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

The seal is just inside the servo unit with a gap around the pushrod allowing air in to the servo. I know that a Lucas kit SP2495 and a Bendix kit 271001B should contain this seal but I don't know where I can get one from. Having split the master cylinder from the Servo I know that I have no fluid leaks.

Reply to
garymarsden

The nice thing about a servo is that is fairly easy to test it on the bench, either with a vacuum pump or a long pipe from a running car inlet manifold, so you can test it before fitting. Although there is a chance that a second-hand one will be faulty, they won't all be. A breaker will charge about ten pounds, or just look at the side of the road for long enough and get your spanners out.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful