Escort sounding very clunky

I'm sure my escort is cursed as here is yet another problem. When travelling over bumps or slightly uneven roads the front of the car sounds very clunky. I've recently changed the wishbones as the bushes were totally wrecked and this has calmed it down a bit but what else could be causing the noise.

The is also a loud clunk that seems to come from the drivers side when i pull out of junctions. It sounds like there is some play somewhere and something is moving backwards as the car begins to move forwards, it only does this when the wheel is turned.

I eally would like to buy another car but due to money being a bit tight i figured i may as well get this one sorted and make it last a bit longer, i'm now regretting not keeping up with the maintenance for pretty much all of the winter :(

Reply to
tollermccallum

possibly an anti roll bar link, or maybe the a/r bar bushes (cheaper) or even a loose bolt in the wishbone assy

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful