Escort starting problems

Hi, I'm after some advice, heres my problem

I have a Ford Escort 1.6 16v-SEFi (DOHC Zetec) 1994. It will start fine, first turn of the key every morning. Trouble is it runs fine for about 30 seconds then just dies. After this happens it will not restart unless you leave it for a few minutes.

Once the car is warm it runs fine and will start with no trouble. I have replaced plugs, leads & filters but with no change.

I have also noticed that its rather thristy on petrol, but that could just be how I drive.

The emmisions are fine as it had an MOT a couple of weeks back.

I just cant figure it out,

Thanks for any advice.

sQuick..

Reply to