Escorts I-II prices?

Then they destroy the originality by putting a Porsche engine in it.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Leaving out the various 'Scrotes and Crapis, none of which were that great by the time they came to me, even that rusty 1600XL (4 dr though) which went to the breakers in better condition than some I've seen for sale since :) And absolutely leaving out that utterly reliable, comfortable but totally boring Mk1 Mondeo.

(Mitsubishi) Colt Celeste 2.0 GSR, about as stable at 70mph as a shopping trolley with wonky wheels due to vague steering box and skinny tyres but good (for the time) power to weight and great fun to drive :)

Mk3 2.0E nuff said :( and the person I sold to to put it in a wall not long after :(

2l DOHC Sierra, yes I know but it *was* great fun to drive, which made the 1.8 Moandeo that followed it feel so much more boring...
Reply to
Lee

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 03:26:14 -0000, johannes wrote= :

Those have been massively overpriced for their utility for at least 25 =

years.

-- =

Using Opera's mail client:

Duncan Wood

You don't buy a classic vehicle for its 'utility'. ;-)

It's a hobby.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yes they may be now but when i bought it the available affordable choice was Morris J4, Commer FC, Ford Thames 400E VW was in many ways best of the bunch and a bloody good investment if i had keep it ;(

-
Reply to
Mark

Very definitely not if you factor in the space it takes up and the cost of keeping it in good condition. Cars don't last in the average lockup. To prevent corrosion, it would need to be kept in a humidity controlled environment.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and the way those old VW campers rot is nearly as bad as an old Vauxhall Victor, and they could go almost overnight.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have a very large very dry Barn the 69 Escort, 71 Transit, plus a few other oldies have survived rust free I don't think the VW was any worse then Fords of that era for rusting, but i never kept one to prove it.

-
Reply to
Mark