Espace Imobiliser problem

Hi,

The last few days when I try to start my Espace in the morning, 2.2dCi 2001 it accpets the key, radio/dash lights up engine cranks but the imobiliser on the dash LED flashes. So won't let me start. No warning lights etc. The OK symbol appears as normal.

Trying the spare key doesn't change anything.

After 5mins of taking the keyin/out it works !

At lunch, 4pm or evening it's fine.

Weird problem. Thought maybe a battery that charges from the ngine may be draining overnight ?

I'm goin to replace the key fob batteries just in case.

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

I had similar Espace electrical issues, no one would touch it (not even the local dealer so I had to go further a field). I couldn't start the car as you state then it wouldn't intermittently open / lock the car, then all the interior lights and dash flashed. It turned out to be one on the controller (computer) units in the passenger footwell had got damp and the contacts corroded. All this would happen in the morning, by the time the sun had got on the car it would be ok until the following morning. I think it cost £400 for a new controller, and a hours labour for the diags / fitting.

Paul

Reply to
Kipster

local dealer

it wouldn't

think it cost

Thanks for this.

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

Still as above. Replaced the keep plip batteries. Will see if it cures tomorrow.

Renualt parts diagramshows a 'decoder unit' and 'key barrel device'. Key barrel 50plus.

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)