EU etc

Will we have to remove all of our number plates that have the EU flag on them?

Reply to
Norman Rowling

Hopefully

it's a monstrosity!

tim

Reply to
tim...

Unlikely, but I would imagine you would have to go back to displaying a GB sticker when in Europe.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Tipex?

Reply to
Yellow

Sticky tape.

Reply to
kat

lol

Reply to
Ophelia

In message , Ophelia writes

What about our maroon EU-style passports? Will they no longer be valid, and we'll have to change them for the UK dark blue?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Tipex?

Reply to
Yellow

In message , Yellow writes

No, no, NO! But should do nicely.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Tipex?

Angle Grinder.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Just needed a bit of imagination. :-)

Reply to
Yellow

Please!

Reply to
Davey

I only renewed mine last year. 70 quid was it?

So I am happy to stick with the red one for now!

Reply to
Yellow

Mine comes up for renewal next July. It has a huge metal coil inside the back cover, the first edition of the Biographic passports.

Reply to
Davey

My UK driving licence has this very prominent EU symbol of the ring of stars in the left top corner. Is this licence still valid now? Am I allowed to keep my UK driving licence as a non-uk EU citizen?

Reply to
johannes

As the UK government has not formally decided to leave the EU, let alone invoked the Article 50 mechanism to start that process, I'm pretty sure you are OK to keep driving here for now.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Works for me:)))

Reply to
Ophelia

But will I be able to renew my driving licence in the future?

I had an old Danish driving licence from years back, probably expired now and lost it, as I didn't think I would need it since the UK driving licence has this EU marking on it. What a mess that is.

I don't consider myself an immigrant, as I has head hunted to come over here for two contracts in a high tech business, then somehow settled here. I paid into your Tax system, didn't abuse the system.

Reply to
johannes

Once the UK has left the EU your status will probably be no worse than any other foreigner.

Suppose you were Japanese and had lived here with a UK driving license. If you wished to drive in Japan you would presumably have to apply for a Japanese driving license. Given that you had one in the past, their admin system should be able to identify you and provide a new license; if not, then I expect you would have to take a driving test.

So on your next trip to Denmark it might be worth renewing your Danish driving licence ...

Reply to
Graham J

If you used to live in another country, then moved to the UK and now live here, then you are an immigrant.

That's all it means.

What meaning people imply on top of that simple statement of fact is another question entirely. But everybody who has moved from one country to another is a migrant. They are an emigrant from the country they used to live in, and an immigrant to the country they now live in.

Reply to
Adrian