Exhaust rubber mounts

Hello all!

I'm in need of a new exhaust mount (one of these

Trouble is, everywhere I look they are described as "universal". My current ones are 45mm between centres, and I really need longer ones to avoid the silencer knocking on the rear anti roll bar (I assume that's what it is. It's not in the photograph).

I've emailed some vendors on eBay asking for measurements, in the event they actually respond I will take it from there. If not though, I am stumped. I've got a ty-wrap as a temporary fix.

Any advice?

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

Can't see your photo, but if it is the type with a rubber ring with a stud at either end, you could add a stud extender (ebay) and then a bolt through the bracket into the stud extender.

Reply to
newshound

A different one.

I don't think it is this type.

Reply to
Mark

I don't think there's anything particularly special about them. Do you have a local parts shop where they'll rummage in the drawer for something, rather than refuse to talk to you if you don't have a vehicle reg? Tyre&exhaust places usually have a rack of such things, but they're sometimes not so keen on selling them on.

Can't see a problem with a 'universal' one - they're just a bit of rubber - but can see it's awkward if you need to think up a vehicle to search.

One thing that's useful to do is poke around RockAuto's catalogue. They're based in the US, but it might give you an idea to try and find a vehicle to look up. Here's the entry for something approaching your car:

'Fit' = 'Jazz USA')If you randomly look up other vehicles you might find something approachingwhat you want (eg if you then google the number of the part presented). Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

wander into an exhaust center. bending the mounts can give a bit of clearance, or weld on a longer bracket.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

TinyURL makes your photo lookable at

Hunting through buypartsby.co.uk should find you one, what's the vehicle? Or try a local exhaust factors, eu-linco.co.uk or the like, they've still got paper catalogs as well as a rack of bits.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

=A31.10ea

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks, that seems the same as my standard one. The vehicle is a R reg

106 1.1.
Reply to
Mark

Duncan Wood

Yes, but I need longer ones than standard...

Reply to
Mark

Go to an exhaust place and get one from their stock the length you require

Reply to
Rob

Go into your local independent (i.e. Not a Kwik-fit or National etc) exhaust centre and ask them to supply and fit one. Last time I did this a year or so ago, they did it for a quid and it took them about 2 mins. Just pick a time when it's quiet. Good advertising for them innit?

Reply to
Mike P