Exhorbitant petrol prices

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) . and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen.

Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/3T] $!`2'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Raymond

is Shell not part of BP as my work fuel card allows me to buy fuel in either stations???

Reply to
Marty1a

Prick.

This kind of shit is only forwarded by people who don't know how the petroleum retail industry works.

(Your starter for 10....... BP supply Morrisons)

Reply to
SteveH

The message from "Marty1a" contains these words:

No. Though places like Tesco probably buy their fuel from all sorts of places, some of which likely include BP and Shell so the idea's a bit of a non-starter.

Reply to
Guy King

Won't work. What would work is if everyone filled up their car tomorrow and drove off without paying for it. That would be really funny, and cause fuel prices to plummet quite quickly :)

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

that's ok, I use optimax.

no kidding

Except there'll be lots of redundancy and duplication, probably only reach about 5000 people in six generations and even then only maybe one in a hundred will bother - so that's 50 people not being BP/Esso fuels - that's really gonna change the world.

Probably more like 6000.

Potential, yes, potentially. Reality is something else.

Yeahhhhh right. The government could make this happen tomorrow. They won't.

My morrisons get its fuel from Esso.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

spoilsport :p

Reply to
dojj

Buy at Tesco. They have an instore refinery.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

The message from "shazzbat" contains these words:

Where they waft the smell of petrol across the road to make you want to rush in and buy some - like coffee shops and bakeries.

Reply to
Guy King

I think we need to be putting more effort into electric vehicles. They're no good for work where we drive 1000+ miles/week (nor for people like myself who tow a caravan), but most of our people commute in from less than 20 miles so they'd be fine for that. Okay, so you still need to generate electricity to charge them, but this can be done in a variety of ways and not of all which are 'dirty'.

As you said, subsidised public transport could be done (they already subsidise trains and planes, but not buses I'm told), but it would need expanding to cover a much wider area than it currently does and with more frequency, which of course increases fuel use, congestion and pollution...

I think the only real long-term solution is to make people work from home where possible, rather than having to go to a specific building. Obviously this won't work for many jobs, but for sales people, etc. it is becoming a reality with the improvements in broadband, video conferencing, etc.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Now, there's an idea.

Send the CCTV coverage down my ADSL connection and give me a live link to the tannoy, and I'd be sorted :-)

Reply to
SteveH

well to go by plane from norwich to newcastle-upon-tyne costs over £400,,, by train over £75,, by car there and back £65

i know which one i prefer

Reply to
aussie bongo

Reminds me of an old song Guy, "In an instore refinery where God paints the scenery".. I'll collect me coat on the way out :o(

Reply to
Ivan

You're looking at the wrong airlines, then.

Most internal UK flights can be got for well under £100.

In fact, the last one I looked at was £48 return from Cardiff to Newcastle.

Reply to
SteveH

In message , Malc writes

Where there is enough demand to run full buses, there are already bus services. Where there isn't, there aren't. Further subsidies would make it economically viable to drive nearly empty buses round at 8 miles per gallon, most of them kicking filthy particulates out. I don't actually see how that helps the environment.

Reply to
Steve Walker

the only plane from norwich to newcastle-upon-tyne goes to amsterdam first :(

Reply to
aussie bongo

So when is drive off day? They don't persue drive offs do they?

Reply to
Rich

The message from "Rich" contains these words:

They do round here in Telford.

Reply to
Guy King

Hybrids are the next generation before full electric / fuel cell / whatever - the Lexus RX430 is faster than the petrol version but recently tested at 61mpg in town.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

but...

but...