F-focus indicting annoyance/ weird sound ?

Bit of an odd one that I've lived with for the last 8/9 months as the indicators work as they are suppose to. Whenever you cancel the indicator it carries on making that click click indicating noise even though no indicators are on and the stalk is in the not indicating position. I've lived with it for a while but its starting to get annoying as 9/10 times after cancelling the indicator I look at the dash to see if its on or not.

Any ideas why its doing this ?

its a 2004 1.8 focus.

Reply to
Pete

the relay

Reply to
steve robinson

It doesn't have one.

The time interval for the indicators is derived from the GEM module, and the sound is created by a buzzer within the indicator switch.

As always with vehicle electrical faults, first check the nearest earth connection! In this case, it's on the RH A pillar, via a spliced joint. Wire colour for the earth from the buzzer to the joint is Bk/Wh; from the joint to the earth point is Bk/Bu.

Failing that, I'd suspect the GEM module; if you're not comfortable with wiring diagrams and multi-meter, you might want to consider professional help.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It doesn't have one.

The time interval for the indicators is derived from the GEM module, and the sound is created by a buzzer within the indicator switch.

As always with vehicle electrical faults, first check the nearest earth connection! In this case, it's on the RH A pillar, via a spliced joint. Wire colour for the earth from the buzzer to the joint is Bk/Wh; from the joint to the earth point is Bk/Bu.

Failing that, I'd suspect the GEM module; if you're not comfortable with wiring diagrams and multi-meter, you might want to consider professional help.

Chris

Bugger, was hoping for the relay sounds easier to change. I'll have a look in to the earth as you suggested, I guess I am looking for a lose/damaged earth. Hopefully is simple as this GEM module sounds expensive lol I might just live with it haha

Reply to
Pete