Fault with Cassette/Radio Player & Fuse Box - Vauxhall Astra (Saloon/1993)

Hi, whilst driving yesterday the cassette/radio player in my Vauxhall Astra (1993) went silent on me. I am not so sure as to whether its blown a fuse, but it appears that way. The trouble is that opening up the fusebox lid and with the ambiguous symbols on the back of the cover, can't seem to work out which fuse would be for the cassette/radio player, and don't want to mess up the rest of the electricals of the car. Have already peeked into the Haynes manual, but to no avail.

Will appreciate any help/advice that can be provided.

Regards

Reply to
kaka_uet

I don't mean to be rude but if you cannot work out how to find or test the fuse I would get someone else to do it for you!

Both the handbook and Haynes manual should identify the fuse but you should be able to work it out from the cover as well.

Failing that, turn off the ignition, pull each fuse one by one and check it.

Reply to
Alan

The permanent live feed to the radio is the same fuse as the interior light and the boot light. If they are working OK, then that fuse is obviously not blown. It is marked KL.30 on the fuse box lid. The ignition feed to the radio is from a fuse marked KL.15. There are several with this marking, and I cannot remember which one it is at the moment. If the cigarette lighter works when the ignition is on, then the radio should be receiving power as well. If both of these supplies are in order, then there could be a problem inside the radio itself.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thank you very much ... checked each of the fuses one by one and it was KL.30 that had some trouble with it .... it wasn't blown as the connection is still visibly intact ... but had it replaced and now the player's come alive again.

Thanks again to you and also to Alan. (P.S : Alan - I don't mean to be rude either but am sure noone's born with the skillsets of vehicle maintenance ... atleast give us the novice lot the benefit of the doubt if they are making such dim-witted queries)

Regards

Reply to
kaka_uet

Sorry!

I realise we all need to learn but I see some of the repairs attempts made by customers and it frightens me.

I am all for people with an aptitude or a little experience trying things but we see brakes in a dangerous state after people have tried a repair themselves.

Reply to
Alan

No Sir .... my appologies if I sounded a bit rude. Think your concern is justified.

Regards

Reply to
kaka_uet

Although I have had one car where the Haynes BOL and the manual didn't agree with each other (or with reality IIRC)

Reply to
Malc

Some car stereos have a separate fuse on the back, could it be one of those?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley