Fiat Brava speed sensor.

Engine management light came on on my Fiat Brava so I took into the dealer who said it was the speed sensor. "Ok, order me one up says I". The speedo was not working intermittently. A while later speed sensor arrives and I duly leave it on the kitchen worktop (for weeks) as the weather is pish. Engine management light pops back on last weekend as the speedo had decided not to work at all for about 150 to 200 miles of driving. Only to start working almost as soon as the light had come on. Bloody thing.

So I fitted the speed sensor. But I think I've broken it. It is held by a large plastic nut. I tightened it finger tight, it wobbled around. (The old one was on damn tight) I turned it a couple of flats with a spanner it wobbled some more. I turned it with the spanner some more, using next to no force I might add. Still it wobbled. Then I heard a small crack. FUCK! I stopped tightening. Needless to say the speedo doesn't work at all.

So, who thinks I've done any more damage than just break the speed sensor. Hands up.

Reply to
gazzafield