Fiat Cinquecento scrap value

Hi.

My brother's scrapping an N reg Fiat Cinquecento. He's been offered =A350 &= =20 take it away.

Given it's a Fiat, and I think he's got 2 keys, is it worth any more, just= =20 for the ECU and the keys?

Ta.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

You'd probably get more for it in bits on eBay, or even whole depending on what's wrong with it.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

He would obviously get more for stripping it for parts. It depends how much hassle he wants getting rid of them.

If they're taking it away what is to stop your brother taking out the ECU and keeping the keys before he scaps it? FWIW though I doubt you'd get £50 for just the ECU. Have you looked on ebay to see what the spares go for.

Maybe he'll be best off taking a few choice bits and getting the rest weighed in.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

It's a FIAT CODE I immobiliser on those, as I recall.

So long as he has a full set of working locks, plus the transponder, ECU, one red and at least one blue key, he'll easily get more than £50 for it.

Fiat dealers charge around £800 plus fitting for a Cinq. ECU / locks and keys.

I'd be quite interested to know why it's being scrapped.

They're really simple cars which don't rot to a significant extent - so the only reason to scrap one is if it has significant accident damage.

Reply to
SteveH

Inability mostly. He needed me to go round to remove the radio. He'd pulled= =20 it out of the dash, but couldn't cope with the wiring. I removed the cable= =20 tie and it was job done :-/

I'll check.

=A36.99 so far :-/

I *believe* it's got some sort of head gasket problem. Misfire, I think it'= s=20 losing oil & water as well.

It's an N reg, high mileage, and I don't think there's a sound panel on it.= =20 One day, he came back to it to find someone had kicked in the rear panel. H= e=20 didn't notice for a week!

He's been using it as a builders van for ~2 years!

He's already bought a "new" one - 1.6 Mondeo 80k miles, N reg.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith