Fiat diagnostics port??

Hi guys

I have a 2003 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v. Christmas day, driving to in-laws both air bag lights came on and stayed on. Is there a diagnostic port on Fiat's? Before I had the Fiat I owned a VW Golf and had a copy of vag-com and used vag-com quite allot, very good piece of kit for any VW owner.

Is there anything similar for the Fiat? What sort of cable / software would I need?

Reply to
diy-newby

On some, yes. There's two different types as I recall. It's most likely beside the steering wheel, under a flap - it'll have two screws on it, and when removed the flap will fall down towards the floor, but not fall off.

Why oh why go from a Golf to a Punto? Did you even research their reliability in any way? A friend has had four clutches on his 3 year old punto, all covered by warranty. Going by the dates they're failing at an inreasing rate - he just puts up with it though.

Reply to
Tyr

TBH, the Punto has been far more reliable than the Golf. My Golf had a new MAF, 2 x lambda's, temp sensor, seized rear caliper all in 12 months - some other stuff too which I can't remember. AND it was doing 20 mpg on my 5 mile drive to work.

What sort of cable and software do I need?

Reply to
diy-newby