Fiat Marea Problems

My friend owns a Fiat Marea 1.9 JTD on a 51 plate.

First problem is that his Airbag light will not go out. The local Fiat dealer checked it out on their gizmo box and said that the Airbag ECU was faulty and it will cost him £215.00 to replace, however, once they replaced the ECU something else in the system may be faulty and that will cost more! Can anybody suggest a possible fix, i.e. wire connection etc that he can check before he shells out the money.

Second problem is the little light that looks like an injection nozzle illuminates after the engine has started (after about 5 seconds), the same dealer told him that the injector relay needs to be replaced and that will cost him £75.00. Although the car starts first time on these cold mornings.

Can anyone please shed some light on these problems that may save my friend some money, for instance, where are the ECU and Injection Relay located on the car so we can maybe wiggle a few wires.

Many thanks in appreciation.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Smith

They are probably right, threse often have a root cvause that will kill the ECU. You can often find these need an ECU and another component, providing there isn't a wiring fault that has lead along the proverbial garden path.

Could be anything really, a relay is a good starting point, although like the air bag, it can often lead to other faults. The Fiat systems seem to only show one fault at a time, and you often have to fix one fault before you can progress to the next one.

Don't ever wiggle wires on a Fiat, they are likely to fall out of multiplugs - I kid you not.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt