Fiat Punto

I have just purchased a new cd player for the car but cannot get it to work, think I have a problem with the wiring. The player is a Sony CDX-GT30RN I looked on the sony site for wiring instruction but no luck. The radio cassette that came with the car is working well but just thought I would update to the 21st century with a CD player but having no luck. The plugs on the back of the old unit seem to fit ok but think I must be doing something wrong - any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Kisser

"Kisser" wrote in news:1167863867.701954.326270 @i80g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

The Punto does not have a power feed via the ignition switch, so unless you modify the car wiring, the radio must be wired to a permanent supply. Sony used to put connectors in their wiring harnesses to allow you to join the red & yellow wires together and thus get around the problem. See if you've got them - you should be able to uncouple the yellow and plug it in with the red. Failing that, you'll need to find your permanent 12v power supply and join it to the wire that takes the main power for the radio (usually yellow).

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Reply to