Fiat Punto 2004 (53 reg) - a few questions

Hi guys

Just bought myself a little Fiat Punto from the auctions. Nice little tidy car, only 20k miles from new. Has not come with a owners manual or service history book, would like to get both of these. Is a Fiat dealership the only place to get them?

Also I have only got 2 blue keys. I thought Fiat's come with a red 'master' key? I enquired when picking up the keys and he told me newer Fiat's don't get a red key anymore. Not sure if he was BS or not.

What are the service intervals on these cars? When is the recommended cam belt change?

TIA

Reply to
diy-newby

They pop up on ebay every so often. There's one there atm but it doesn't state what mk punto it's for.

parkers.co.uk suggest a service interval of 12,000 miles.

Out of interest what did you pay for it?

Regards,

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi thanks for replying.

Paid £2800.

Reply to
diy-newby

If it's the new Code 2 system you don't have a red master key and yours may well be but you'll have to check it out with a dealer. Change the cambelt every 36,000 miles no matter what.

Reply to
gazzafield