Fiat Punto - Change Light Bulb

I needed to change the nearside dipped beam headlight bulb. This *ought* to be a simple job, unclip a couple of clips and replace the bulb. Only, the folks at Fiat put the fuse box just behind the headlight assembly, so there appears to be no way to do this without removing the fuse box. Is there another way of doing this? The car is a 4 year old Fiat Punto, by the way.

Reply to
GB

In news:454e9ed5$0$18064$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, GB wittered on forthwith;

Remove the headlamp?

Reply to
Pete M

you MAY find that the fuse box just hinges upward to allow access

Reply to
mrcheerful

"Pete M" wrote in message news:eim76a$nfe$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Tried that - nope, does not fit through the hole. And the fuse box does not hinge up.

Reply to
GB

What does the manual say? Most go through the various bulb change procedures...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Are there any instructions in the driver's handbook?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sure there are. Unclip a couple of clips and replace the bulb. There's also a lovely picture of how to do this on the offside, where there's nothing in the way!

Reply to
GB

unfasten and remove the fuse box??

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

Yep done that in the end, including detaching some leads and cutting some cable ties. This then became a two-man job. One to hold the fuse box out of the way, and the other to do keyhole surgery on the headlamp. I just couldn't believe it was such a palaver just to change a bulb. What a dreadful design!

Reply to
GB

Begs the question...

How long have Fiat been in the business?????

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

f-i-a-t ;)

Reply to
David R

Same with the Stilo. Owners manual makes it look easy but you either have the battery or washer bottle to contend with. Last time mine eneded doing I paid the local stealership £36 as I just couldn't be bothered.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew