Fiat Punto front brake discs

Getting a weird noise coming from the front of the car (53 plate Punto 1.2

8v). When I brake the noise stops. Going to change the discs and pads, generally for peace of mind. Previous car (Golf) had a screw which held the disc to the hub. Punto has no screw as such but has two speared lugs which the wheel locate onto. These have hexagonal shanks so I assume these are also the bolts which hold the disc to the hub. Is this correct?
Reply to
Slider

yes, the spikes hold the disc on. cleaning the pads / calipers and refitting properly may stop the noise if it is just a sort of squeaking/whistling which is often caused by a sharp sort of edge on the pad which just touches the disc and causes noise

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thank you Mrcheerful.

Reply to
Slider

Mrcheerful, don't suppose you know what size the allen bolt is that holds the caliper on do you?

Reply to
Slider

The sliders (if you have them, I can't remember) are usually 7mm, this is a common size for brake calipers, the ones that hold the caliper bracket to the hub are usually 10mm

A car shop will have the 7mm (if you need it) while you could get a 10 at any tool shop, car shop, screwfix, lidl, aldi etc

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks

Reply to