Fiat Punto heater not working

My wife has a 51 plate FIAT Punto Eleganze. About 2 months ago the heater (blower) packed in. It went in to my local garage and they said it was probably the switch, so ordered a new one, no joy. They then ordered a new resister, again no joy. It's going back in tomorrow and they want me to take the handbook in too, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Is there a common complaint with Puntos that cause the heater to pack in? (it also has aircon) TIA.

Reply to
T.J.

simon

try a bulb and some wire.

Did you check the fuse box?

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

Thanks for replies. They had it in all day again today but still couldn't find the problem so set up a toggle switch so at least we have a heater. We can't control the speed (either have it off or full on), but at least it means she can use the car again on cold mornings. The garage were pretty reasonable, only charged us an hour and a half labour and lent her a car for the day too, so can't really complain.

Reply to
T.J.

Sounds like some new cable may've been needed.

Reply to
Billy H