Fiat Punto start problems

Hi, and thanks in advance for any help, I have a 98 1.7TD Punto, it's been a good workhorse for a long time but recently the CODE symbol would light but not the glowplugs, after taking the key out several times it would start eventually, but yesterday, no CODE no start! The other warning lamps are coming on, I've tried using the master key, could it be a dodgy barrel?

TIA

Reply to
Mudstomper