Fiat Scudo possible temp sensor wiring problem

I'm due to get a short-long term van from my company to replace the old 95 plate transit that I blew up(cylinders 2-3 went after main bearings died and took some valves out to according to polar ford!) and the current driver of the van says it has been into a foxfields fiat twice already regarding a temp sensor which seems to go faulty and reports to the dash that the engine is overheating. now they have on both occasions just replaced the sensor and it has worked for the driver fine for a while but has yet again returned to its previous state. Does anyone know a common cause to kill these things off I could check on it?

Also it seems to only attain about 400-450miles out of a £55 tank of diesel, is this usual for a Scudo? could a good injector cleaner help as its the

2.0JTD and has about 80,000 on the clock on W plate :)

Thanks In Advance, Will

Reply to
Will

I make that about 30mpg - sounds OK to me. We've got a 1.9TD one at work that seems to spend more time at the pump than on the road :-) My

1.9D Berlingo runs fine but only manages 35mpg. Remember that vans tend to carry a lot more weight than cars and have the aerodynamics of a house brick :-)

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu

Ive got a scudo works van, and its a sack of s**te.

I would say keep away. Mine is a 1.9 no turbo

Uses more diesel than u would believe and is embarrassing on a motorway.

takes forever to get to 70 and then drifts off to 50 if u hit a slight incline.

sQuick IEng MIIE (elec)

Reply to
sQuick IEng MIIE (elec)

That's the one. Same engine as my Berlingo. Stick it in 4th on hills - it'll go up to 80 in that gear (assuming the gearing is the same).

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu