Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD - Fuse help

Does anybody know which fuse in the Stilo 1.9 JTD is for the driver side wing mirror heater unit? (Mirror is no longer heating up but passenger side does)

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andrew

It's more likely to be the mirror.

Reply to
Duncanwood

May I suggest reading the manual or indeed looking around the fusebox (inside the lid on some cars) for a guide to what fuse does what?

Cars often have several circuits fused on the same fuse. Its likely that the heated mirror fuse also protects other functions such as electrically adjusted mirrors or electric windows. For accessories, when a fuse goes it usually takes out a few features. Does anything apart from the heated mirror not work?

Even if the heated mirrors have their own fuse, both mirrors are likely to be on the same fuse. In short, I doubt its a fuse in the fusebox thats the problem.

I'd remove the glass, which can on some vehicles be carefully prised out relatively easily, and test the wiring with a multimeter to see if the heating element stuck to the back of the glass is getting power and to see if it's gone low resistance/open circuit.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The message from Douglas Payne contains these words:

Boy did that fox me when the clutch replacers trapped the reversing light switch wire in the bell housing on a friend's Sierra. Bloody indicator fuse kept blowing but I didn't have a diagram. Two hours of swearing later I walked to the library and peeped at the Haynes manual. Took a good thirty seconds to spot what was wrong!

Reply to
Guy King

I read the manual before posting here; it didn't list the fuse for the mirror so it considered it worthwhile asking. Everything else works (it is a Fiat as well!) so I guess it might be fault in the heating element.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andrew