FIAT Tempra 1.6 management light ?

Hi, my Dad's just got off the phone to me complaining about his car. It's a M reg 1.6 Tempra, the (I think) engine management light has been coming on over the last couple of days.

Can the fault codes be read by a monkey like me ? Do I need a code reader, is there anything obvious to look at ?

I'll be seeing the car tomorrow lunch time :(

TIA

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)