Fiat workshop manuals on CD on ebay

There are a large number of offerings of CD workshop manuals - especially Fiat - on ebay at apparently ridiculous prices, eg 99p. Most show a picture of the logo on the CD and there are several different logos in the advertisers' pictures. There are also sites apparently selling similar CDs for GBP10 up.

What is the source of these CDs?

Were they free to the seller - eg gratis from a dealer?

Are they complete manuals? Do the different logos indicate different dates or editions?

Anything to watch out for/other info?

TIA

Reply to
jim

I got a manual on CD, which works great...

They're just bootleg copies, Ebay's full of them.

Just have a look at the seller's history, if he's got lots of happy customers, chances are you'll be one too. If he's a bad seller, chances are he won't be in business long.

If he's a good seller, he'll give you all the info you need pre-sale.

Cheers

Reply to
<Aardvark>

Illegal copies.

No.

The ones I'm aware of (Ford TIS) is pretty much all the repair procedures, parts, diagrams and information that the Ford Stealers have access to.

The fact you can download them from the internet (Bittorrent or other tools) for nothing. All these people are doing is putting them on a CDR and selling them on eBay.

I'd have thought that buying one (knowing it was a ripped version) is illegal, so you may as well save yourself 99p (or 10ukp), and download it from the same place as they did.

Not that I'm condoning piracy, theft, blah blah blah. IANAL. YMMV.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith