Fiesta 1.1 Rear wheel problems

Now im only assuming its the rear wheel on my 1.1 fiesta that the problem.

Just tonight i noticed that there seemed to be a bumpy ride on the drivers side of my car. ( passenger was behind driver) It seemed as though the tyre was flat or something like that. I checked the tyre pressure and that seemed to be ok, so i jacked it up and chekced the wheelnuts were secure and they were.

Still the same problem, however when the passenger gets out you can hardly tell that its bumpy at all, just it feels as though the wheel is gonna fall off when i have a passenger in the drivers side.

Any ideas, my mates having a look at it tomorrow, but i think i may need to take it to the garage.

Any help would be great

Reply to
Lee Gardner

Sounds like one of the rear tyres has developed a bulge or something. Looks OK, but the tyre is structurally weak, which means it could fall to bits at any moment.

Best you'd get it replaced ASAP.

Go to a small, independent tyre fitter, not Kwik Fit et al.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

If its the rear - make sure the car is parked and secure (won't move with the handbrake off) - jack it up, release handbrake, then turn the wheel by hand. Look for

The wheel being buckled, or A flat spot on the tire, or A bulge in the sidewall (you might be able to spot this without jacking-up and turning the wheel

Reply to
R. Murphy

Try changing the wheel for the spare and see if it makes any difference.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

One of the rear wheels was blistered badly, so they changed it and everything seems to be ok

Cheers for the help

Reply to
Lee Gardner

How the bloody hell do you blister a tyre....In winter!

JP Montoya can manage it, but not with a fester 1.1

Reply to
Tom Burton

Damage from something sharp, or pinching a kerb or going into a pothole or suchlike. The actual damage could have been caused ages ago, weakening the structure of the tyre, which then gets worse with normal flexing etc. until failure occurs. Next stage after blistering is a blowout, which can be nasty.

That's part of the tyre checks on theMOT.

Reply to
R. Murphy