Fiesta 1.25 Zetec with poor fuel consumption and petrol smell in cabin at speed.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone out can help me with a curious problem affecting a friend's Ford Fiesta? (T-Reg, 1.25 Zetec engine on 78000 Miles)

The car is using more petrol than usual and there is a smell of fuel in the cabin when the blower fan is switched on, but these problems only appear when the car is driven on a long journey over 60mph.

The car seems to run fine otherwise when doing its usual short trips. I've had a good look around under the bonnet and underneath and I can't see any obvious signs of leakage or perished pipes.

The air filter looks fine, the plugs were replaced recently and there is no engine management light up. I'm not sure where to look now! Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA, Gary

Reply to
dadda67_cool

common cause of a smell is the resistor pack for the fan burning out, sometimes caused by a blocked pollen filter, probably this would be most noticed on a longer run

Reply to
MrCheerful