Fiesta cutting out problems.

Hi. I drive a Ford Fiesta 1.1 L 'reg' and its a fairly reliable first car. But recently the engine seems to cut out when you come to a stop, e.g. junction. I was told changing the spark plugs might help, but that hasn't stopped the problem, changed the oil too. Even when the engine has been running for a while and is at an optimum temp' it still cuts out, or tries to. Also when you dab the accelerator you can actually hear/feel a 'throaty' sound that doesn't sound normal, so I thought it might be an exhasut problem. Other than that it runs fine and bizzarely starts first time even when cold!

Reply to
abman51

Having just offered an answer to the chap with the diesel Fester up there ^^^, I'll offer you the same advice - try seperating any sensor connectors you can find in the engine bay - there's two or three under the air filter by the carb. - and cleaning the holes and pins with wd40/cotton buds/whatever. They corrode and a grey "paste" stops them conducting properly. It's worth a try coz it's...cheap! My neighbour's L reg. Fiesta had the same symptoms as yours and it was these connectors.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

There is no carb.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

No? Well there are still dodgy connectors.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Nup.