Fiesta Electrics problem?!

My car got frazzled somehow yesterday.

All of a sudden, the electrics have gone haywire.. The heater fan doesn't work, the rear windscreen wiper is permanently on, the indicators are permamantly on, the digital mileage guage is blank (with occasional flashes of gibberish) and there is a buzzing sound coming from behind the steering column somewhere. Plus, the speedo says I'm always doing 140mph at 8000 rpm!! In essence, not driveable.

Has this happened to anybody before? Or does anybody have any clues? The last thing that I want is to walk into a Ford dealer and say "Help!" as I'll be fleeced!

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
Nova

Sounds like the main earth wire to the engine or the dashboards fallen off.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

That might make more sense than my immediate thought, which was that yesterday was Feb 29th. (Despite my deep cynicism about the whole y2k exploding toasters and dysfunctional cars fiasco.)

Reply to
John Laird