Fiesta engine swap-HCS to Valencia?

I have this rubbish '94 single point injection Fiesta with a knackered 1.1 HCS engine. I can also get hold of cheaply a 1.1 Valencia engine. Can I replace one with the other? Rumour has it that changing manifolds and blanking off the fuel pump hole is enough but no mention was made of the distributor.

Any ideas?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Never done one, but cant say why it wouldnt work- just swap the blanking plate from the HCS to the Valencia where the dissy would go , and bolt the coil pack on top.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Cheers. I shall report back later with a definite yes or no then.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong